Cannabis is a legendary and mythical plant. It is one of the first plants harvested by man. Also called hemp, cannabis has long been used by ancient civilizations. Archaeologists have found traces of its medicinal use in Ancient Egypt more than 3,500 years ago.
Roman and Greek medical botanists also used hemp to cure certain diseases.
Today cannabis has become the most widespread illegal drug in the world, with more than 70 million consumers. Yet the study of this plant has allowed researchers and scientists to discover countless benefits from some of its active molecules.
Despite attempts by governments to ban cannabis, consumption and trafficking on the black market have never stopped. New discoveries of the benefits of this plant have encouraged them to put in place laws to regulate its planting, consumption and sale.
· What is hemp? What is its composition?
Hemp is a plant belonging to the "Cannabaceae" family. The Latin name of hemp is cannabis. There are two subspecies of cannabis: sativa and Indica. The latter are different in geographical origin, size, appearance and effect.
Sativa and Indica cannabis are extremely rich in molecules such as terpenes and antioxidants. The molecules found in cannabis are called cannabinoids.
The two most interesting molecules are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The effects of CBD and THC on the body are different. This molecule is psychoactive. It acts on the nervous system and is responsible for the "euphoric" effects.
Cannabidiol, CBD, is not psychoactive. This molecule even protects against addiction. Today, CBD is the basis for the manufacture of many products.
· The history of CBD
As mentioned earlier, cannabis is one of the oldest plants cultivated and used by man. There are numerous research and scientific studies on this plant and its effects.
The first extraction of CBD from cannabis took place in the early 1940s. It was not until the 1960s that researchers discovered the effects and benefits of certain molecules extracted from cannabis, including CBD.
Early studies proved that CBD is able to overcome pain and nausea. Recent research has led to a better understanding of the interaction between CBD and neurons, and thus the effectiveness of this molecule in reducing the effects of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
The consumption of cannabis concentrated in THC is prohibited. The use of this plant is highly regulated. In the popular mind, cannabis is a drug and the consumption of narcotics is illegal. However, it is the consumption of THC that is prohibited. It belongs to the family of narcotics.
The cultivation and extraction of CBD is legal in the European Union, provided that the concentration of THC in the plant does not exceed the levels permitted by the laws of the country concerned.
· CBD: a growing market!
The benefits of CBD that you will discover, through this article, are countless!
Did you know that the hemp market in the United States is estimated at more than a billion dollars with an annual growth of more than 20%? These figures prove the importance of the molecules extracted from this plant, in particular the CBD.
Cannabidiol is the active ingredient in many products. It can be consumed in various forms. These include CBD oils, CBD capsules, CBD e-liquid for electronic cigarettes and CBD-based acne and psoriasis creams. The legislation on CBD is changing very quickly around the world.
· What are the benefits of CBD?
There are many reasons to use CBD! Cannabidiol is becoming increasingly popular in Switzerland and in many European countries. This active molecule is becoming more and more popular for its countless benefits.
- Analgesic and anti-inflammatory: All scientific studies have proven that CBD is extremely effective against chronic pain of inflammatory origin. CBD is used by many people as a dietary supplement. This molecule is able to stick to the receptors of neurons and stimulate the body's immune response. Its action on CB1 receptors is at the origin of its calming effects;
- Anti-anxiolytic: CBD is effective against anxiety and anxiety attacks. Research has shown that regular consumption of CBD is beneficial for people suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorders;
- Antipsychotic: Cannabidiol also helps people who suffer from schizophrenia and mental disorders. CBD, in small amounts, provides relaxation and reduces stress and fatigue ;
- Anti-addiction: CBD is increasingly used in the treatment of addiction to opiates, tobacco, hard drugs, alcohol and THC. Cannabidiol can be used to treat addiction. This molecule is able to block the feeling of addiction;
- Skin problems: More and more skin care products based on CBD are becoming available. Cannabidiol is used to treat many skin problems such as acne, cellulite and psoriasis;
- Energy and vitality: Although CBD is known for its calming effects, this molecule is also able to reduce fatigue, stimulate the immune system and provide energy and vitality to the body. CBD also accelerates the regeneration of dead cells by inhibiting free radicals. Its antioxidant properties are more effective than those of vitamins E and C!
- Anticancer: Scientists are now trying to make CBD-based drugs that are effective against tumours. Clinical studies have proven that cannabidiol is able to inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells.
· CBD: Contraindications
The sale of CBD products is prohibited to minors. CBD is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women. In case of doubt, do not hesitate to contact your doctor. CBD, like any other product, should not be consumed in excessive quantities.
· Which kind of CBD should I buy? How to enjoy its benefits?
You must verify the origin of the CBD before purchasing your product. The composition must be known. Always start with small doses. You can then adjust your consumption according to your needs.
· Where can I buy CBD cannabis of high quality?
Are you convinced of the benefits of CBD? Do you want to ensure your daily well-being, stay fit and avoid illness and health problems? Switzerland is one of the first countries to allow the use of CBD and has done so since 2011.
The authorized products do not contain more than 0.99% THC. CBD can be consumed for recreational purposes or to supplement medical treatment.
You will find on our CANNABIS KING shop, many quality products based on CBD.
CANNABIS KING is also one of the main actors in the legalization of cannabis in Switzerland. We are more than just salesmen. We are members of the Swiss Association of Friends of Hemp and support the use of CBD for therapeutic purposes.
If you trust us, you benefit from quality at the best prices. Cannabis King invites you to discover a wide range of 100% legal cannabis containing less than 1% THC. Do you have any questions? Do you need more information? Do not hesitate to contact us. We are also at your disposal to advise you and help you make the right choice.