Cannabis is a legendary and mythical plant. It is one of the first plants collected by humans. Also called hemp, cannabis has long been used by ancient civilizations. Archaeologists have found traces of its medicinal use in Ancient Egypt more than 3,500 years ago.
Roman and Greek botanical doctors also used hemp to cure certain diseases.
Today cannabis has become the most common illegal drug in the world, with over 70 million users. However, the study of this plant has allowed researchers and scientists to discover countless benefits of some of its active molecules.
Despite attempts by governments to ban cannabis, black market use and trafficking has never stopped. New discoveries of the benefits of this plant encouraged them to put in place laws to regulate planting, consumption and sale.
· What is hemp? What is its composition?
CBD VS THC
Hemp is a plant belonging to the “Cannabaceae” family. The Latin name for hemp is cannabis. There are two subspecies of cannabis: sativa and indica. The latter are different in terms of their geographical origins, their sizes, their appearances and their effects.
Cannabis Sativa and Cannabis Indica are extremely rich in molecules like terpenes and antioxidants. The molecules found in cannabis are called "cannabinoids".
The two most interesting molecules are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The effects of CBD and THC on the body are different. This molecule is psychoactive. It acts on the nervous system and is responsible for the "high" effects.
As for cannabidiol, CBD, it is not psychoactive. This molecule even helps protect against addiction. CBD is the basis for many products today.
The history of CBD
The history of CBD
As mentioned earlier, cannabis is one of the oldest plants cultivated and used by humans. Research and scientific studies on this plant and its effects are numerous.
The first extraction of CBD from cannabis took place in the early 1940s. It was not until the 1960s that researchers discovered the effects and benefits of certain molecules extracted from cannabis, including CBD.
The first studies proved that CBD is able to overcome pain and nausea. Recent research has led to a better understanding of the interaction between CBD and neurons, thus the effectiveness of this molecule in reducing the effects of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
The prohibition of cannabis
The consumption of cannabis concentrated in THC is prohibited. The use of this plant is heavily regulated. In the popular mind, cannabis is a drug and the use of narcotics is illegal. However, it is the consumption of THC that is prohibited. It belongs to the family of narcotics.
The cultivation and extraction of CBD is legal in the European Union, provided that the plant's THC concentration does not exceed the levels allowed by the laws in the country concerned.
· CBD: a booming market!
The benefits of CBD that you are going to discover, through this article, are countless!
Did you know that the hemp market in the United States is estimated at over $ 1 billion with annual growth of over 20%? These figures prove the importance of the molecules extracted from this plant, in particular CBD.
Cannabidiol is the active ingredient in many products. It can be consumed in various forms. You can find CBD oils, CBD capsules, CBD e-liquids for electronic cigarettes, and CBD acne and psoriasis creams. CBD legislation is changing very quickly around the world.
· What are the benefits of CBD?
What are the benefits of CBD?
There are a thousand and one reasons for using and consuming CBD! Cannabidiol is enjoying growing success in Switzerland and in many European countries. This active molecule is increasingly prized for its innumerable benefits.
1. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory: All scientific studies have proven that CBD is extremely effective against chronic pain of inflammatory origin. CBD is used by many people as a food supplement. This molecule is able to attach to receptors in neurons and stimulate the body's immune response. Its action on CB1 receptors is the source of its calming effects;
2. Anti-anxiety medication: CBD is effective against anxiety attacks and anxiety. Research has shown that regular consumption of CBD is beneficial for people who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder;
3. Antipsychotic: Cannabidiol can also help people with schizophrenia and mental health problems. CBD, in small amounts, ensures relaxation and reduces stress and fatigue;
4. Anti-addiction: CBD is increasingly used in treatment for addiction to opiates, tobacco, hard drugs, alcohol and THC. Cannabidiol can be used to treat drug addiction. This molecule is able to block the development of the reward for addictive products;
5. Skin Concerns: There are more and more CBD skin care products. Cannabidiol is used to treat many skin problems such as acne, cellulitis and psoriasis;
6. Energy and Vitality: Although CBD is renowned for its calming effects, this molecule is also able to reduce fatigue, boost the immune system and bring energy and vitality to the body. CBD also speeds up the regeneration of dead cells by inhibiting free radicals. Its antioxidant properties are more effective than those of vitamin E and C!
7. Anti-cancer drugs: Scientists are now trying to make drugs based on CBD that are effective against tumors. Clinical studies have shown that cannabidiol is able to inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells.
The sale of CBD products is prohibited to minors. CBD is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact your doctor. CBD, like any other product, should not be consumed in excessive amounts.
What CBD to buy? How to take advantage of its benefits?
Which CBD to buy? How to take advantage of its benefits?
You must verify the origin of the CBD before purchasing your product. The composition must be known. Always start with small doses. You can then adjust your consumption according to your needs.
Where to buy quality CBD cannabis?
Are you convinced of the benefits of CBD? Do you want to ensure your daily well-being, stay in shape and avoid illnesses and health problems? Switzerland is one of the first countries to allow the consumption of CBD and it has been since 2011.
Licensed products do not contain more than 0.99% THC. CBD can be consumed recreationally or to supplement medical treatment.
You will find on our CANNABIS KING store, many quality CBD products.
CANNABIS KING is also one of the main players in the prohibition of cannabis in Switzerland. We are more than just sales people. We are a member of the Swiss Hemp Association and we support the use of CBD for therapeutic purposes.
Trusting us is enjoying quality at the best prices. Cannabis King invites you to discover a wide range of 100% legal cannabis containing less than 1% THC. You have questions ? Need more information? Do not hesitate to contact us. We are also at your disposal to advise you and help you make the right choice.